Kids yoga is a wonderful way to connect physical and mental exercise.
In a kids yoga class we are working on a combination of:
- body postures (individual, collaborative and game exercises)
- attention training / meditation
The lessons have a thematic character. What, for example, is the value of deep breathing? How do I deal with tension? What is personal power? With an experiential approach, valuable insights become more tangible and therefore easier to learn.
Why yoga for kids?
The practice of yoga stimulates children to make contact with their own ‘being’ in a conscious way. Children get more insight into their body, feeling and thinking and how they interact.
Regular practice of yoga contributes to:
- flexibility, strength and balance (physical and mental)
- understanding and regulation of emotions
- calm mind
- self-esteem and self-confidence
- discipline and structure
Age: 8 – 12 year olds
Time: tuesday from 16.00 – 17.00
Location: Huis van de Buurt ’t Kruidvat, Ouderkerkerlaan 30, Diemen
Costs: the lessons are funded by Stichting Welzijn Diemen. Own contribution € 1.50 per lesson